Other Accessible Procurement Resources Get link to section Other Accessible Procurement Resources
Disability:IN is grateful for the resources provided by other organizations on the issue of accessible procurement. The following may be useful to your organization:
- “Buy IT!—Your Guide for Purchasing Accessible Technology,”(External link) an online portal from PEAT, the Partnership on Employment and Accessible Technology.
- “Buy ICT 4 All,”(External link) a resource for accessible procurement in the public sector globally from G3ICT, the Global Initiative for Inclusive ICT.
- “Technology Vendor Contracts and Accessibility: What Every Business Lawyer Should Know,”(External link) article in Business Law Today, a publication of the American Bar Association.
- Accessible Technology Today, It Starts with Procurement(External link), article on the PEAT website.
- United States federal government procurement resources: Visit Section 14.3 (VPAT Resources) of this Accessible Technology Procurement Toolkit.
- Education Sector Accessible Procurement Resources
- Ohio State Digital Accessiblity Center: Purchasing Questions and Contract Language(External link).
- University of California Office of the President, Standards and Best Practices for Procurement of Accessible Electronic Products(External link).
- National Center on Disability and Access to Education, Let the Buyer be Aware: The Importance of Procurement in Accessibility Policy(External link).
- Texas Department of Information Resources, Accessibility Procurement and Resources(External link).
- How to Procure Digital Services with Accessibility in Mind(External link), February 2021 article for the American Alliance of Museums by museum accessibility consultant Sina Barham
Topics: Business Case